Tuesday, April 12, 2011

J is for Jane

J is for Jane.  Hi Jane, where's Tarzan?  If I had a dime for every time I heard that in my life I'd be rich, along with the other favorite, Jane the Pain.


I grew up truly hating my name.  Fun With Dick and Jane.  I knew no other Janes and I had a ton of friends whose names were Mary.  My little group of friends included; Mary, Mary, Mary, Terri, Jerri and Jane.


However, today I have embraced my name and have even come to like it.  What better name to have as a teacher than Jane to illustrate "silent E" to my emergent readers?


I was named after my mother's sister whom I never met (long story) and her cousin, Jane. These were two very dear people in my mother's life.

Names aside, I am very happy right now with the Jane that I have become.  Life has given me a fair shake at both joys and challenges.  I have been unsure of myself at times but right now in my life, I really like me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,

    Just wanted to stop by and say thanks visiting my blog, Nostalgia Nook.

    We "J" girls have to stick together, and I love that you were named for two people so dear to your mother. I'm glad you like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated my name growing up too! My sister's middle name is Jane.

    ReplyDelete